Volunteers in Action educates, equips, and consults with deacons to assist them in their role of leading their church in 1) Mobilizing the Church for Service, 2) Connecting with their Community and 3) Walking alongside those who are struggling. These services are offered to all deacons of any church.
For Deacons Newsletters are provided by the Christian Reformed Church and produced by Andy Ryskamp as a resource for Deacons. Click on the links below to view these newsletters.
- February 2019 – For Deacons: Collaboration in Ministry
- December 2018 – For Deacons: Principles for Healthy Community Engagement
- October 2018 – For Deacons: The Agenda for my Deacon Meeting
- August 2018 – Tools for Local and Regional Change
- May 2018 – The Diaconate and Community Connectedness
- April 2018 – Resources on Benevolence
Services offered by Volunteers in Action to deacons include the following:
Deacon Education Workshops
- Tools for Benevolence: Creating Relationships to Promote Growth and Change
- Goal Setting for Diaconates
- Promoting Stewardship in the Church
- Motivating Volunteers
- The Calling and Task of Deacon
- Assessing Needs
- Newly Elected Deacon Workshop
- Chair of Deacon Education
- Target and Side Door Ministries
- Just “talk things over” or discuss difficult benevolence situations.
- Ideas for service projects or service ministry activities.
- Assistance with promoting stewardship in your church.
- Assistance in connecting your church with your community in impactful ways.
To schedule a workshop or consultation, call Donn at 303-713-9133 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.